Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Milan has arrived






Last Wednesday we could pick up the puppy. Finally!!!
The drive home seemed long, and when we finally arrived he was car sick. I felt so sorry for him, leaving from his mum and (still 2 left) brother and sister. the rest of the day he was a bit in stress I think, he had to throw up a lot. It was a bit of an unlucky day because all the children where at home, a bit crowded! People coming over to look, etc...
I was a bit worried.
The first night I slept in the couch, the puppy slept right next to me in a box.
That first night went very well. I went out for about 3 times that night.
The next day, children went to school and all went very well.
Next night same sleeping method. But I moved the box a little further away. During the day time I put the box in the bench, but with door open. He got used to it real well, Now he has slept here for 6 days now and he sleeps alone in his box in the bench in the living room and he did not cry ones. I think this is a friendly way off letting your dog sleep alone, This way he does not learn to cry in his bench.

The name was a very difficult issue, with so many people to agree, Finally his name is MILAN.
He is a very smart dog and learns very easy. I try to raise him in a friendly way, without getting angry, but this is a difficult matter, What to do if he keeps trying to get to the chickens every time I let him out. When he scratches the soil there, he does not hear me call, just ignores me. Good advise always welcome.

Milan is soo gorgeous, and beautiful too.

But it is a lot off work, and you can compare it a little bit with having a baby too take care of. Puppies need "a lot" of attention and patience. You really have to be a dog lover.

6 comments:

Sabine said...

I was impatiently waiting for your first puppy pictures, and it was worth waiting for!
Cute, cute cute!!!!
I have to come by this week and make some pictures myself.

pussman and co said...

please do:)

See you tonight!

pussman and co said...

The children lost a wire that I need to put pictures on my Mac. That is why I did not post for soo long. Bought a new one yesterday.

trudi said...

He is so cute! How big will he get? I don't have any advice about dog obedience - my dog has really bad behaviour - but he gets away with it because he is so small. He doesn't always come when I call his name, but a couple of people have told me that this doesn't happen until they are about 18 months old. I hope this isn't true!

Lindsay said...

Oh, he's just gorgeous, and he looks so soft!

Anonymous said...

Oh......sooooooooooooooooo cute! Is he a wire-haired pointer? These pictures make me want to go get a bearded puppy of my own this very second! Congratulations!